YOU HAVE ENOUGH QUILTS WHEN YOUR SOUL IS FILLED,
YOUR CREATIVITY SATISFIED
AND YOUR FINGERS JUST WON'T WORK ANYMORE



Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Lockdown Day 1 - Preparation

Well, it's Day One for me and although we haven't been lockdowned yet I have started.  I put the shop into hibernation yesterday.  Now getting myself organised for a long break.  None of us know how long this will last but I'm going to use the time productively.

I started organising last week.  Got some Cross Stitch charts enlarged, purchased extra threads I didn't have.  Found an old one I never got around to finishing.  The pattern date says 1992!  The fabric has discoloured but I only have one band at the bottom to do so I will finish it.  Cute one called "I Hate Dirty Words" Sure is me, I hate housework and all it entails.
But a clean house is nice 😁
 So many quilts to finish.  So many quilts to make.  So many quilts to quilt.

I intend drawing myself a roster and getting some of each done each day.  So easy to let the days slip by and in six months time I'll moan about how fast it went and how I got nothing done.  I'm thinking 1 hour Cleaning, 1 hour Cross Stitch, 1 hour cleaning, 1 hour Quilting.

This is another I started probably 10 years ago and haven't finished.  Only two trees to do and a little bit on the border.
 Years ago I read Fly Lady  Great tips and motivation.  Follow her and get yourself organised.  In fact I just this minute decided to join again.  That will help keep me on track.  Great motivation when you are getting off track and she has great routines.

A while back a friend.....hmmm a friend (?) told me about Floss Tube.  WOW  it's a You Tube place with lots and lots of people who Cross Stitch.  I'm hooked and watching every night.  A couple I like I have gone back to the beginning of their up loads and watching each one in order.  A couple I like are Carolyn Mazzeo and AZ Needleworker.  Some of these people are so prolific.  Some wonderful work and great tutorials.  I've learnt about parking so can't wait to try that method.

So the new ones I got enlarged are Paula Vaughan patterns.  Yes, yes I know!!!  But it's always nice to start a new pattern......and the Floss Tubers do several in rotation......so I need to try that 😊😊



I have done a couple of Paula's in past years and they are detailed.  But they do have quilts so it combines two great loves.  Besides I have hundreds of Cross Stitch videos and dozens of Quilt videos to watch.

So get off here and start doing!!

PS.  I forgot to mention I also got two Diamond Drill Cross Stitch kits.






No comments: