YOU HAVE ENOUGH QUILTS WHEN YOUR SOUL IS FILLED,
YOUR CREATIVITY SATISFIED
AND YOUR FINGERS JUST WON'T WORK ANYMORE



Sunday, January 22, 2017

Another year older....

Another year older....as the song goes.  Didn't get too much sewing over the Christmas break.  Had a house (and yard) full  of people and had the loveliest Christmas.  Have made a decision to forget about the bazillion things I want to do  and learn and just sew this year.  So unsubscribed from many newsletters and still  need to clean up my blog following.  So many wonderful blogs out there but just can't keep up.  Working full time really puts a dent in all that so this year I'm just going to concentrate on sewing.  I remember when I started quilting over 20 years ago I marked several books with quilts I wanted to make.  Never got around to doing too many of them as new books came along and I always found something else to sew or do.  So just going to sew as I fancy this year and maybe finish off some of that stuff.  So started a Delectable Mountain this week.  That was on my list all those years ago.


So decided to do it in Reproductions.  Some good choices and some bad. 


Some cut wrong so they will go in the bin.  think I may sash it as I'm not sure I want to match all those seams!!!







I have been doing a little before I go to work and a little when I get home.  Set the alarm 15 minutes earlier last week and will increase that by 5 minutes each week and I should have more time before work to sew and get things done.

Have been playing in EQ to decide on borders.





 
 


No comments: