YOU HAVE ENOUGH QUILTS WHEN YOUR SOUL IS FILLED,
YOUR CREATIVITY SATISFIED
AND YOUR FINGERS JUST WON'T WORK ANYMORE



Sunday, July 27, 2008

Use It Or Lose It



Went to an Applique class yesterday with Dianne Johnston. After I had booked the class I decided I really didn't want to go, but now I'm really pleased I did. I'm not one for doing too much handwork even though I love Cross Stitch. I love the look of Applique but always think it's too slow for me. I'm more fast and furious and just love machine piecing. But hopefully I'll change and do some now. If the class did nothing else at least it motivated me to pick up some Redwork last night (only started it a year ago) and did about 3/4 of a block.




Applique started



Today I decided to do some more Civil War Love Letters blocks. You know, I figured out I have made around 80 quilts since I started quilting but at the moment I feel like a raw beginner. Remember the Tri Recs ruler I lost and then found? Well got that out today to do these blocks and discovered it was the wrong ruler. I needed the Companian Angel. don't I feel like a dill. It seems so long since I have done any sewing that I guess that old saying applies - Use It Or Lose It!!!

Second Term

Numerous Excuses



Infernally Ungrateful

Back Home

Another Battle

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lucky you doing a class with Diane, I have met her a on few occassions but being an Appliquer I would be in my Element....you go Girl with these Blocks they are looking Great.
cheers
maree
Great to see you back in Blogland.

Anonymous said...

Love all your blocks and I am also in to reproduction fabrics and quilts.

cheers
Christine