YOU HAVE ENOUGH QUILTS WHEN YOUR SOUL IS FILLED,
YOUR CREATIVITY SATISFIED
AND YOUR FINGERS JUST WON'T WORK ANYMORE



Sunday, December 20, 2015

Finishing

Well, so pleased with my progress on finishing stuff.  Have finished 2 quilts and a bag - plus another one quilted today but not bound yet.  Binding is made and ready to be sewn to the quilt.  Will load another quilt tomorrow and hopefully get it done also.....not sure which one yet.

Finished spiky a few weeks ago and got the binding done but hadn't got around to taking photos.  So took a few photos of all the finished ones today.  Oh, it sure is a wonderful feeling.  I keep getting the urge to start a new quilt but come to my senses and get out an old project and finish it off.  I hang my quilts along with the backing and the wadding so they are all ready for quilting.  Looked in the cupboard and saw several and thought - hmm shouldn't take me long to get them done.  Then went looking for the binding for the one I quilted today and kept find more quilts.....so guess it will take me a BIT longer :-)


First off is spiky.....all Batiks and a tie-dye looking beautiful backing.






Next is my Amy Butler bag.  Wouldn't call it a great success.  My lining seems to be way, way to big for it.  And my pockets are all over the place.  Bag making is NOT my favourite thing to do.




The last is one of my designs and I'm pretty pleased with it.  Took me for ever to decide how to quilt the spotty area and the greys but once I decided it went pretty quick.









1 comment:

Vagabond Quilter said...

They all look great!!! You are definitely on a roll now - keep up the good work! Finished is better than Perfect!