YOU HAVE ENOUGH QUILTS WHEN YOUR SOUL IS FILLED,
YOUR CREATIVITY SATISFIED
AND YOUR FINGERS JUST WON'T WORK ANYMORE



Saturday, December 5, 2015

The Urge To Quilt

I've been doing some surfing around Pinterest and found some wonderful sites from it.  I could never see the point of it before but suddenly it has hit home....for many years I have saved images of many and varied things I see on the net and so have them on different drives etc.  It suddenly hit me the other day that I could save them to Pinterest!  I know - I'm slow on the uptake many times.  So have been pinning a bit lately and found some great free motion quilting sites.............so now I have the bug.  It's been many a long year since I was excited about quilting and can't wait to get into it again.  Dragged out a practice piece which has been hidden in the cupboard for several years.  I had been testing out various threads for tension (which I had forgotten I had done anyway).  So will practice some today and then get into a quilt that has been waiting (patiently of course) for about 2 years I guess..........BUT in the spirit of the Finishing Frenzy I will finish off the Christmas Stockings I started for my SIL last weekend and then, and only then, will I load the quilt and start.  Thought I would load a few pics of the practice I did years ago....wish I would date things so I would know when I did stuff.


No comments: