YOU HAVE ENOUGH QUILTS WHEN YOUR SOUL IS FILLED,
YOUR CREATIVITY SATISFIED
AND YOUR FINGERS JUST WON'T WORK ANYMORE



Saturday, April 18, 2020

Frugal Friday.....Oops it Saturday

OK lets call it Stingy Saturday.  I mean every day is Sunday lately.

Everytime I quilt one of my quilts I have off cuts that get stacked on a shelf and every now and then (well sometimes a long time later) I sew the off cuts together and use in a quilt.  I always lay the two pieces side by side overlapping and cut a serpentine line and ladder stitched them together.

 So today I decided to quilt one of our charity quilts.  So I decided to get the off cuts out and sew them up. and thought I would try another way to get the wadding together.  Our little sewing group meet on two Tuesdays a month and each year like to make a couple quilts for charity. 
Strange this all wool pieces.  So after hunting around I found a box that had the cotton.....and OOPS there was a quilt amongst that pile 
So I set about patching the cottons together.  Found a piece, then another, roughly lined up and cut to fit.
Then lay them on top of each other and straightened the edge.

Then to the machine and zig zag them together.  Do not pull or stretch , just butt them together and sew carefully.

Made two lots today so feeling very happy.  Patched one, loaded the quilt and while that quilted I did the second one.  Did have an oopsey and had to cut off and redo.  I didn't worry if they were different content (100% cotton, 80 20 ) as long as the loft was similar.

 So very happy with my day.......I now understand how those ladies who live in snowy places get so much done while snowed in......if this lockdown lasts a few months I could run out of fabric!!!!

This is the one I quilted today 






No comments: